PROTECTED DESIGNATION OF ORIGIN NEMEA RESERVE NEMEA
PRODUCER : NEMEION ESTATE
CONSULTANT WINEMAKER : Thanasis Fakorelis
WINEMAKER : Konstantina Gkika
GRAPE VARIETY : Agiorgitiko
REGION : Nemea
VINEYARDS : Koutsi and Petri
SOIL : Limestone . Light soil with good drainage amd high copper content .
MICROCLIMATE : Adequate winter rainfall and dry summers .
HARVEST : The grapes are picked by hand on the second half of October .
VINIFICATION : The grapes are harvested and transported in small bins . Classic vinification method for red wine at controlled temperatures of 25o C in stainless steel vats.The wine is aged in underground cellars for two years in French oak barrels and another one year in bottle . The wine can be aged for up to 15 years from its vintage date .
BOTTLING : At the winery in Nemea .
FIRST YEAR ON THE MARKET : August 2007
CHARACTERISTICS : Intense , clean and complex aromas of fruit , oak , vanilla and cloves . Multifaceted . Velvety with good quality tannins . Rich and full bodied with a long finish .
Alcohol : 14 % Vol Residual Sugar : 1,2 gr/lt
Total acidity : 5 gr/lt Unfiltered .
FOOD PAIRING : Best served at 18o C with red meat , game and cheese .
- Concours mondial bruxelles 2007– Silver Medal
- Les citadelles du vin 2007 – Silver Medal
- Ιnt’l Competition of wine Thessalonica 2007 – Gold Medal
- Int’l Wine and spirit competition 2007 – Bronze Medal
- Int’l Wine Challenge 2007- Bronze Medal
- Ιnt’l Competition of wine Thessalonica 2008 – Silver Medal
- 3rd Competition of wine from grapes of biological
- agriculture (D.I.O) 2008 – Silver Medal
- Int’l Wine Competition Thessalonica 2013- Gold Medal
- Int’l Wine Competition Thessalonica 2014 – Gold Medal
- TexSomm International Wine Awards, Silver Award